Room Overlooking the Garden
Located to the rear of the house on the first floor, this room has a view over the pretty garden. It is a quirky space being in the rear extension built in the early 1700’s. The ceiling slopes from 12ft (3.7m) at the head of the bed to 5ft 8ins (1.7m) at the foot of the bed. We call it character building but accept that it could be a nuisance for people over 6ft tall. The lead miners of times past were generally short people which probably explains the design. The bathroom has the same sloping ceiling with the low section over the bath. It has a full height shower enclosure.
You really could not ask for better place to stay, the attention to detail is spot on, they have a guest lounge with a small fridge supplied with fresh milk with jugs for your tea tray in your room, no little plastic long life milk here, it’s these little details and others like this that make this establishment special.John and Val
Every bedroom has the following
- Dressing table including mirror, hairdryer, hair straightener mat, emergency pack (nail file, needle and thread etc)
- Tea and coffee making facilities including a variety of teas
- Fresh milk is available in the lounge fridge.
- Touch sensitive bedside lights and digital clock
- Wall mounted 22” flat screen TV (Freeview Light channels) with DVD player
- Additional blanket and pillow
- Hot water bottle | Programmed central heating with manual override
- Bottled water
- Wine glasses
Every bathroom has the following:
- Full size (or bigger) bath.
- Separate shower cubicle with temperature and pressure balanced shower mixer control.
- A window.
- Extract fan with delay “on” timer.
- Drinking tumblers.
- Dispensers of hand wash, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand & body lotion and foam bath.
- Bath towels, hand towels and face cloths
- Heated towel radiator and separate radiator.
- Karndean vinyl flooring.