There are two small individual steps approaching the front door. The cobbles at the front of the house are uneven and shouldn’t be walked on. There is a single step within the ground floor. There is a step to the garden and steps within the garden. We do not have a lift. All guest bedrooms and the guest lounge are located on the first floor. Door heights are approximately 6ft (1.8m) but doors to ensuite bathrooms are lower. The bedroom to the rear of the property overlooking the garden has a sloping ceiling with restricted height.
By booking and staying with us, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and that these form a contract between us.
We require a deposit equal to the cost of the first nights stay by cheque or bank transfer per room to secure the booking. We will send you confirmation of the booking. The balance is due on departure – note that we do not accept payment by card. Prices are fixed at the time of booking.
If the person making the reservation is not the person taking up the occupation, the person who makes the reservation will be responsible for cancellation/curtailment/non arrival/damage or losses. Please advise if any member of your party has any special access requirements or dietary needs at the time of booking.
We welcome children over 12 years of age. We are not equipped for younger family members.
We do not accept pets. We have a resident cat who is not allowed in any of the guest bedrooms. Please call us to discuss our partnership with a local registered Dog Sitter who can accommodate your pet.
Cancellations and curtailment:
Please let us know as soon as possible, if it becomes necessary for you to cancel or cut short your booking. We will release the dates for re-letting as soon as possible.
If we are able to re-let the room for the same dates, or if the cancellation is more than 21 days before the stay we will refund your deposit in full. If we are unable the re-let the dates, then:
- · 21 to 7 days before the stay the deposit will not be refunded.
- · 7 days to 48 hours before the stay you will be charged 50% of the total cost of the stay.
- · Less than 48 hours before the stay you will be charged 80% of the total cost of the stay.
We advise taking out an appropriate cancellation insurance scheme to cover you in such circumstances.
We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable due to reasons beyond our control. We would help to find alternative accommodation for you, and refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Check-in time is after 4.00pm and before 7.00pm. If you expect to arrive after 7.00pm, please let us know when you are booking your stay with us. If you are delayed on your journey please keep us informed at the earliest opportunity.
We have dedicated parking for two vehicles to the front of the property. We accept no responsibility for any losses or damage to or from your vehicle when parked in these spaces. Other parking is available on the public highway in the immediate vicinity at no charge or restriction but we ask that you respect our neighbours who do like to park their cars outside their homes.
During your stay:
We will require access to your room between 11.00am to 3.00pm each day for housekeeping. Please let us know if this is not convenient.
Accidents happen – please let us know immediately of any damage or spillage so that we can clean or repair as soon as possible to minimise the damage. We reserve the right to charge for any damage caused.
Please respect our home. Leave muddy shoes/boots and wet clothing near the front door or ask to use our drying/utility room as soiled carpets may result in a charge being made for any specialist cleaning.
Towels left in the bath will be changed. Bed linen will be changed every three days.
Our Wi-Fi connection is free (but slow) and must not be used for placing Tripadvisor or other reviews – we would encourage you to do this on your return home. Mobile phone services are unlikely within the building and immediate area. You may get a signal in the garden.
Lost keys will incur a £20 charge.
The Old Shoulder of Mutton has a strict no smoking policy.
On the day of departure, please vacate your room by 10.30am. The balance is due on departure.
We look forward to meeting you and hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United Kingdom.